As we reflect on the last year, we are grateful and proud of the trips we’ve been able to provide to clients. These include journeys to the beach, back home, out bird watching and more. All of our Memory Lane journeys are about spending time with loved ones in meaningful places, to revisit old memories and create new ones.
Thanks to our brilliant volunteers, we have been able to complete 20 Flying Doctor Memory Lane journeys in 2023. These journeys have helped to make a difference to those in end-of-life or palliative care. Read about some of our 2023 Memory Lane journeys below:
- Taking a 60-year-old man to make a final visit his farm and his cows in Moliagul (pictured).
- Transporting a 59-year-old woman from Bendigo who loves butterflies to visit the butterfly enclosure at the Melbourne Zoo.
- Supporting a 70-year-old man to visit his sons farm in Foster to see the sheds that he had helped to build with his son.
- Taking a 65-year-old woman from Rochester to attend her son’s wedding in Tooborac.
- Transporting a 55-year-old man to have fish and chips at Williamstown beach with his family.
- Enabling a client to celebrate their 73rd birthday at home with their family, and enjoying some cake, sausage rolls and a glass of wine.